CPTSC Graduate Student Diversity Scholarship
CPTSC is sponsoring a scholarship for the purpose of supporting the goal of CPTSC to increase and sustain diversity in its membership and in the field of technical communication. Eligible candidates for this scholarship include graduate students whose race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and/or nationality are underrepresented in the technical communication field. A total of $2,000 will be allocated with a maximum of 3 recipients. The scholarship is provided to assist the recipient(s) with expenses associated with the CPTSC conference, up to the amount of the scholarship allocated. The scholarship waives the conference registration fee and provides a one-year CPTSC membership for the recipient.
Applicants should satisfy all of the following criteria for the scholarship:
- Be a full- or part-time graduate student (Eligibility requires that applicant have graduate student status at the time of the conference at which the scholarship is awarded)
- Be enrolled in a technical communication (or closely related) graduate program
- Be a member of CPTSC by the deadline for the current year conference registration
- Attend the current year CPTSC conference to receive the scholarship
- Be a member of a traditionally underrepresented group (racial, ethnic, and/or LGBTQ+)
- Be a person with a disability, including mental, physical, sensory, and other disabilities
- Be an international student from a nation that is underrepresented in the technical communication field
The scholarship will be given to the graduate student(s) who best meet the eligibility criteria and who exhibit the most potential in the field of technical communication in graduate studies and research, as determined by the scholarship review committee.
The scholarship application form, which also includes a list of required application materials, is attached to this announcement. Submit all application materials electronically in one PDF file to email@example.com. Please label the file in the following way: DiversityScholarship_LastName_FirstName.pdf.
Applicants must submit an application form with all required materials by Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST.
Please email CPTSC Diversity Committee Chair Laura Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.